Smart Online Shopping Tips For Health Services
“Know Who You’re Dealing with”
Do Your Research
- Know Who You’re Dealing With
- Before you give out any personal or financial information online, whether it’s to buy an item or get more information, remember that anyone can set up shop online. If you’re thinking about buying a heath-related product from an unfamiliar company or website, do some research.
- Confirm the online seller’s physical address (not just a P.O. Box) and phone number, so you know you can reach someone if you need to.
- Do a search for the company name and website, and be sure to look beyond the first page of results. If you find a lot of negative reviews, you are better off taking your business elsewhere.
- Look for indicators the site is secure, like a URL that begins with https (the “s” is for secure). But that’s not foolproof: security icons can be forged. Avoid sites that ask you to send personal or financial information by email, or ask you to wire cash through a money transfer service.
Consider the Source Continue reading “Smart Online Shopping Tips For Health Services”