Loneliness Can Be Cause Of Obesity And Your Premature Death
- As humans we have evolved and survived because of our ability to connect with others.
- We grouped together into tribes to survive the elements.
- Social isolation from our tribe was an extreme form of punishment in human development.
In today’s modern world social isolation is causing obesity, many other health problems and early death.
- We are marrying later in life.
- More of us live alone than in prior generations.
- Divorce and smaller family sizes have reduced the number of people in our lives.
- We are isolated by the use of our electronic devices.
- A recent loneliness study estimated that up to 42.6 million people over age 45 are suffering from chronic loneliness.
Chronic loneliness is a worldwide problem causing premature death across the world.
- A recent research report involving over 300,000 people showed that those with greater social connection reduced early death by 50 percent.
- Another worldwide report studied the effects on mortality caused by social isolation and loneliness.
The effects of loneliness can exceed other health risk factors like obesity and drug abuse. Continue reading “Loneliness Can Be Cause Of Obesity And Your Premature Death”